Longer alternative video:
Watch CBS Videos Online
Top ten list:
Other notable moments include the Letterman Top 10 reasons for Obama to appear on the show as follows:
10. Heard the lady with the heart-shaped potato was gonna be here.
9. Thought it would be fun to watch someone else get heckled.
8. Something to do with that whole Cash For Clunkers deal.
7. Every president since Teddy Roosevelt has done it.
6. Someone offers you 600 bucks, you take it ladies and gentlemen.
5. We told him Megan Fox would be here.
4. Needed some time to hang out before check-in time at his hotel.
3. I have no idea.
2. Said yes, without thinking, like Bush did with Iraq.
1. Wanted to congratulate Dave on the big Emmy win.
- Obama Tells Letterman: I Was Black Before the Election
Monday, September 21, 2009
at 11:58 PM |
The report by General McChrystal is included in a pdf file. Where are we going to get the troops? The public is turning against the war, along with other Democrats. Our forces in Afghanistan are basically propping up a corrupt central government that has little power through much of the country. The warlords, along with the Taliban, are becoming rich from Heroin trafficking. Time to get out.
Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, said in a confidential report that without additional forces, the war against insurgents there will end in failure, The Washington Post reported Monday.
McChrystal's grim assessment of the war was published on the Post's Web site, with some portions withheld at the government's request.
"Although considerable effort and sacrifice have resulted in some progress, many indicators suggest the overall effort is deteriorating," McChrystal wrote in his summary.
at 9:14 AM |