- This is why America is crumbling. A nation that doesn't take education seriously will not be much of a nation for too long. And education does not mean sticking kids in a classroom. It is a culture. Just look at the fact that immigrants from Asia do better than native Americans. We a need to create a society/system that puts education first.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
at 11:04 PM |
- This is damn serious. The U.S. government has done nothing but allow China to become a threat to America. We are seeing a repeat of what happened with Japan prior to Pearl Harbor and al Qaeda prior to 9/11. China becomes a greater threat every day. We need to wake up before it's too late. One day soon China will be able to blackmail us. Beijing is already trying to intimidate Japan.
at 10:49 PM |
Democrats have decided not to seek a pre-election showdown on the soon-to-expire Bush tax cuts, saying lawmakers will instead wage the legislative battle with Republicans in a lame-duck session in November.
- This is what it's come to. The Democrats, despite having control of both house of Congress, have completely caved. They won't even vote on keeping the tax cuts for the vast majority of Americans. Why? Because they are afraid of the Republicans. This pure cowardice was ridiculed by the pro-Democrat Keith Olbermann.
- Specifically: Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, is in a tough re-election campaign. He doesn't want to give ammunition to his opponent. Do you need anymore reason to vote the career incumbent Reid.
at 10:31 PM |
The Obama administration is objecting to a request for an immediate halt to the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy after a federal court ruled that the policy barring gays from serving openly is unconstitutional.
..."We are not surprised by this but we are extremely disappointed with the Obama administration. Many times on the campaign trail, President Obama said he would support the repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell.' Now that it's time to step up to the plate, he isn't even in the ballpark," said Clarke Cooper, executive director of Log Cabin Republicans.
- This President has betrayed almost every group that supported his run for the White House in 2008.
at 10:15 PM |
Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman today came out against a ballot initiative that would indefinitely delay California's landmark global warming law, saying she supports a more limited suspension.- A small defeat for the oil industry and their anti-environment, anti-global warming lobbying.
...Proposition 23, which is primarily funded by Texas oil companies Valero Energy Corp. and Tesoro Corp., would delay the global warming law, known as AB32, until California's unemployment falls to 5.5 percent and stays there for a year. That has only happened three times during the last three decades.
at 4:01 PM |
According to Politico, Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence fought behind closed doors to get something on social issues included in the document; some Republicans thought it should stay away from such issues altogether. An effort to add something into the Pledge along the lines of the Defense of Marriage Act reportedly failed.
The language on social issues was enough for Dr. Robert George, founder of the American Principles Project, who said in a statement that his group is "pleased that the Republican leadership saw the wisdom of honoring our demand for a clear statement of commitment to life, marriage, and the free and full participation of religious believers and faith-based institutions in our public life."
In light of the relatively little attention social issues get in the Pledge, however, that seems like a pretty optimistic take. Social issues were a major part of the Republican platform during the Bush administration, particularly gay marriage: President Bush backed a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, and anti-gay marriage ballot initiatives were used to help get voters out to the polls.
at 3:47 PM |
NYTimes: Cuomo’s Image as Unstoppable Suffers a Blow
- Lots of New Yorkers, like Americans in general, don't believe in coronations. We fought a war to get rid of the monarchy. Now we are being told that a Cuomo should ascend the throne because his father was Governor. The question is whether we succumb to the standard excuse that he is the lesser of two evils. When the real issue is lack of choice. Don't continue to fall for the shell game scam. Assert your independence.
Significant Developments in Terror Threats Since 9/11, Officials Say - ABC News
- This only highlights the need for an agency dedicated to fighting terrorism. The FBI is not cut out for this type of work despite all those arrests. They a crime fighting outfit. Terrorism is more than crime. It is also geopolitical and military. The greatest terrorist threat is cyber. And for that we are totally unprepared.
What this hypocrite doesn't mention is that he cost the Democrats control of Congress when he was President because of his selfish tactics. Obama is doing the same.
at 10:34 AM |