Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

Now tell me this isn't about a White man hating - or pandering to those whom do - a black man occupying the Oval Office. It has gotten out of control. There is no respect coming from the Republicans. Where will it end? I'll tell you: In President Obama's assassination.

A South Carolina Republican lawmaker shouted "You lie" at President Barack Obama as he addressed Congress on Wednesday. The congressman later apologized for his "lack of civility."

In his speech in the House chamber, Obama was telling lawmakers that the Democratic plans for health care overhaul do not cover illegal immigrants.

"The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally," Obama said.

"You lie!" Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., shouted from his seat, jabbing a finger in the air.

In a statement, Wilson said later that he regretted the incident.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me," Wilson said. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

No comments: