Thursday, September 10, 2009

No Lessons learned

Here we are on the eve of the 8th anniversary of one of the worst disasters in American history. And there is very little talk about whether it could happen again. It is the same kind of complacency that existed prior to September 11th 2001. I had written in July of that year that a "disaster" would happen because we were unprepared. I cited Pearl Harbor as an example. I had no idea what happened would 2 months later.

Now I'm repeating it again, we are headed for another disaster. Could it be another terror attack? I don't know for sure. It could be cyberterror, the total collapse of the economy, a Swine Flu pandemic that leads to the deaths of tens of thousands, or the asassination of President Obama. All I know is we are too indifferent or ignorant to stop it. Or are we?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: