Thursday, October 15, 2009

Interracial Couple Denied Marriage License in La.

This is a major story that isn't even on the front page of the NY Times. That this sort of thing goes on in America would explain why Republicans are using racism as a political strategy. We need to find out how this clown got to where here is. And how soon do we get rid of him. And we need to ask every Republican what they think of this judge. Let's smoke these racists out.

in reference to:

"A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.
"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else.""
- Interracial couple denied marriage license in La. - Yahoo! News (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments: