Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nelson: I'm Comfortable Being Lone Democrat To Derail Reform

Nelson: I'm Comfortable Being Lone Democrat To Derail Reform

One of the key moderate Senate Democrats, Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) said on Wednesday that he was pleased with the changes party leadership had made to its version of health care legislation, specifically on matters of deficit reduction. But the Nebraska Democrat, whose vote has been elusive to pin down so far, said he would be comfortable being the lone Democrat to prevent the bill from passing a Republican filibuster.

"I'm very comfortable having my vote, whatever it is, whichever way it goes," Nelson said, in response to a question from the Huffington Post. "I've said that from the beginning. There are other ways. I just have to make a decision based on what I think is best for the people of Nebraska and the people of our country. And then we will let the chips fall wherever they fall."

No comments: