Sunday, November 8, 2009

Richmond Gang Rape 911 Caller Speaks: Margarita Vargas Heard About Attack, Reported It

This young lady deserves a medal or financial reward (crimestoppers-type). At the very least law enforcement should provide protection for her to prevent retaliation.

in reference to:

"A 15-year-old girl who was raped, robbed and beaten by multiple attackers outside of her high school homecoming dance was found by police after 18-year-old Margarita Vargas, undaunted by pressure to keep quiet, called 911. Vargas called police after her brother-in-law told her about an attack at Richmond High School in Richmond, Calif. CBS: "I was watching a movie, and my brother-in-law came in and he told me 'I don't know what to do, because there is a girl back there and she has been raped. I'm scared,'" 18-year-old Margarita Vargas said. "I'm like 'We should call the cops because that's the right thing to do.' I didn't think about it twice." Relaying what she knew, Vargas called police without even witnessing the crime. She arrived after police and saw the victim being taken away. Vargas told CNN that she was proud of herself. Referring to a culture of silence, Vargas told CNN that there's a common saying around Richmond "snitches get stitches.""
- Richmond Gang Rape 911 Caller Speaks: Margarita Vargas Heard About Attack, Reported It (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments: