Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Video: Palin Interview on GMA with Barbara Walters (11-17-09)

Watch a 6 minute video excerpt from the interview done by Barbara Walters on Good Morning America.

Here's a partial transcript:

BARBARA WALTERS [...] Do you ever want to be president of the United States?

SARAH PALIN: That certainly isn't on my radar screen right now. But when you consider some of the ordinary turning into extraordinary events that have happened in my life, I am not one to predict what will happen in a few years. My ambition, if you will, my desire, is to help our country, in whatever role that may be. And I cannot predict what that will be, what doors would be open in the year 2012.

BARBARA WALTERS: Will you play a major role?

SARAH PALIN: If people would have me, I will.

WALTERS: To many, you are a possible presidential candidate. Steve Schmidt, McCain's campaign's senior adviser says publicly, and I quote, "She would not be a winning candidate. And if she was, the result would be catastrophic."

PALIN: Sounds like Steve Schmidt. I guess I really, really disappointed him. And she's the one who was in charged of that vetting, is I was told. So, everyone's entitled to their opinion, though. I know truth. And I'm fine with who I am and where I am.

WALTERS: One way you could have enormous influence is, of course, to have a talk show.

PALIN: I probably would rather write than talk.

WALTERS: Have you been offered your own talk show?

PALIN: There's been lots and lots of offers in these last months coming our way. Some bizarre things.

WALTERS: Like?

PALIN: Funny things. Reality shows.

WALTERS: You say no to that?

PALIN: Absolutely not. I would never. No, I would never want to put my kids through such a thing. Shoot, our life has become kind of a reality show.

No comments: